Friday, November 2, 2007

An honest take on "The Wire"

Do YOU have HBO OnDemand?

Yes?

Then if you haven't already, do yourself a favor and start watching The Wire as they will be airing all four seasons leading up to the fifth and final season, premiering in January. The first six episodes of season one should be up there right now.If you are my friend it is because I think you are smart, funny, and you've touched my life in one meaningful way or another. Which is why I think you should give this show a shot, because it is without question the smartest, most touching, most compelling television show I have ever seen. And it's incredibly funny.Find out why this show is always at the top of critics' Best Of lists every year. Find out why artistic luminaries from Nick Hornby to Stephen King to Spike Lee to Snoop Doggy Dogg to Jay-Z call this show their favorite show of all time. Man, just watch it already.

And if you watch the first six episodes and don't like it, I'll buy you ice cream.

No comments: